Derby Commercial Park is located 2 miles east of the city of Derby on the A5111 and A6 which provide direct access to the A52 and M1 motorway.
Goodman acquired the 180 acre former chemical works in Alvaston, Derby in 2005 and it is now one of the Midlands premier commercial / distribution parks. The site had been allocated for regeneration in 1955, but due to major issues with contamination, flooding and highways, remained undeveloped.
Goodman worked with the Environment Agency to agree a full remediation strategy to remove and treat a wide range of contaminants present on the site. A large team of environmental scientists and ecologists have worked alongside our in-house infrastructure and planning team to achieve this result.
Outline planning consent for the development of the site has now been granted with detailed consent also being received for a single facility of 1.2 million sq ft.
A multi-million pound infrastructure program is now complete and incorporates both on-site works, such as a new bridge over the River Derwent, a new road network, as well as off-site works which includes two new major roundabouts that provide far improved access into the park.
In June 2013 we took a detailed brief from Kuehne + Nagel in response to a requirement for a new distribution centre for their joint venture with Heineken. This resulted in an agreed deal, and work is currently on-site, building their facility for completion in March 2014.
For further information and to discuss any commercial space projects, please contact Nigel Dolan, Development Director on +44 (0) 121 506 8100.